Please see below the Merton Conservatives Group motion that will be put to full Council on 1st February.
Council notes with grave concern that the Mayor of London has led a campaign to disenfranchise Londoners, including our residents in Merton, regarding support for the ULEZ expansion.
The Mayor of London has:
- Repeatedly made false statements to the GLA Assembly and the press about the ULEZ and the consultation;
- Manipulated the consultation and the results by excluding more than 5,200 consultation responses from the results thereby disenfranchising Londoners who do not wish to be hit by the ULEZ tax;
- Broken his promise that the ULEZ expansion would not go ahead if there was significant opposition.
Therefore, Council calls upon the cabinet to:
- Write to the Mayor of London and demand that the ULEZ expansion is immediately halted;
- Refuse to allow the installation of any ULEZ infrastructure;
- Call for a new comprehensive, free, and fair consultation across all of London;
- Support Conservative demands for an immediate investigation into the conduct of the Mayor and support any potential future public inquiry.
Cllr Nick McLean Cllr Eleanor Cox Cllr Michael Paterson